Hi Best Listeners!
We’re coming up on another Flashback Summer, where we revisit the books of our childhood with a (generally) fondly nostalgic eye. We’re also coming up on our 150th episode, which we’d like to mark by inviting all of our lovely listeners to join us for a Flashback Summer party. Here’s how:
- Record yourself telling us your name, where you’re from, a little something about your favorite book from childhood, whether it’s something ubiquitous like the Babysitters Club or something more obscure. You can give a plot summary or just tell us about a favorite character or moment that stuck with you. Try to keep it short, 1-2 minutes. You can use the voice memo app on your phone, recording software on your computer–whatever you’re comfortable with!
- For bonus points, please tell us a candy pairing for your book, whether it’s your childhood favorite or something that somehow encapsulates the spirit of your book.
- Email this audio file to worstbestsellers at gmail dot com with the subject line “Flashback Summer.” If it’s too big to be attached to an email, you can upload it to Dropbox or GoogleDrive and send us that link (just make sure you give us permission to download it!).
- Try to make your recording as clear as possible–if it’s too hard to hear, we might not be able to include it in the episode. We’d like to include as many as we can!
- Send these in by Monday, May 4th, 2020.
To make this a little more interesting, your Flashback Summer voice memo will also serve as an entry into a prize raffle. We’ll send out some books and candy to a few randomly selected Flashbackers!
If you have any questions also feel free to email us or reach out on social media.
Thanks for joining us for 145 episodes (so far)!
Kait, Renata, and Duarte