Here’s what we suggest instead of/in addition to reading Sunset Island by Cherie Bennett. Listen to the podcast to hear us talk about some of these titles in more depth!
Tag Archives: Cecily von Ziegesar
Tune in to our Bests & Worsts of 2017 episodes to hear us discuss these titles and read excerpts from our favorites and least favorites! Please note:
- We counted things that we read in 2017, regardless of publication year.
- We didn’t count anything that we read specifically for this podcast, so our worst books are aside from those.
- For that reason, we picked top 5 favorites and only 1 least favorite–we have this whole podcast to talk about bad books, so for these episodes we’re choosing to focus on the positive!
- Some of our “worsts” are really just “least best.” Listen to the podcast to hear more detail!
Thanks to our Patreon sponsors, we recorded a bonus episode about Gossip Girl (the novel by Cecily von Ziegesar as well as the TV show) with special guest Renata’s mom, Susan. We have to say: we enjoyed this dive into the lives of hyper-privileged Manhattan youths more than we thought we would, despite the fact that almost nothing actually happens in this book. Download this episode to your Swarovski crystal-encrusted Motorola Razr to hear us learn how the other half lives!
Apologies: Whoops, the clanking sound in the background is all of the jewelry Renata’s mom wears, please excuse her beauty. Also, Renata mistakenly said Serena has a cat named Kitty Minky. In fact, Kitty Minky is Blair’s cat. We regret the error and apologize to the fictional cat in question.
Readers advisory: Here.
Coming up next: Cookie Meets Peanut by Bethenny Frankel.
* Worst Bestsellers is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
(But no pressure, we’re also happy if you get these items from your local library or independent bookstore.)