Here’s what we suggest instead of/in addition to reading The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. Listen to the podcast to hear us talk about some of these titles in more depth!
- Keep This to Yourself by Tom Ryan (Amazon | Bookshop)
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Amazon | Bookshop)
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (Amazon | Bookshop)
- Missing, Presumed Dead by Emma Berquist (Amazon | Bookshop)
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (Amazon | Bookshop)
- One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus (Amazon | Bookshop)
- The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham (Amazon | Bookshop)
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell (Amazon | Bookshop)
- Veronica Mars (TV show)
* Worst Bestsellers is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
(But no pressure, we’re also happy if you get these items from your local library or independent bookstore.)