In celebration of our one year podcastversary, we crowdsourced a Worst Bestsellers drinking game! (Originally, we intended to make a New Moon drinking game to play as we recorded our episode, but we decided it would work better to make a general Worst Bestsellers drinking game that we could play as we recorded, but also that you guys could play along with any Worst Bestsellers episode.)
Disclaimers: If you are not of legal drinking age, or do not partake in alcohol, or if it’s a school night, you can play with a non-alcoholic beverage! If you are playing with actual alcohol, remember that alcohol poisoning is real. Hydrate!
Take a drink any time:
- We say something that might jeopardize our relationship with our valued sponsor, Christian Mingle dot com.
- We angrily defend something even if we don’t like it that much.
- We favorably compare a character to Christian Grey.
- We apply lessons learned from self-help books.
- We reference any other book we’ve previously read.
- We resent a character’s mansplaining.
- We promote a movie or TV show over a book.
- We suggest specific ways to make the book better.
- Anyone endorses fanfiction as being better than the book.
- Renata references something she heard on a podcast other than this one.
- Kait says “This was a book.”
- We say “literally.”
- We call something “garbage.”
- Duarte interrupts.
- Our guest thinks the book is much worse than Kait & Renata did, because their standards have been drastically altered by this podcast.
New Rules* for 9/25/17:
- Musical theater reference.
- Steaks and Cakes.
- “The movie was better.”
- Woman describes own body in mirror.
- Uncomfortable written-out dialect.
- We frantically have to google something mid-show.
- Someone starts laughing during a dramatic reading.
* Not in the Bill Maher way
Thanks so much to everyone who suggested rules to this: @allthatihavemet, @anachronistique, @booksNyarn, @kikiloola, @ladydpw, @merski_shells, @mikegrinti, @mingerschlag, @missrrg, and @sigridellis via Twitter; Douglas, Elvina, Jake, and Paola via Facebook. Even if we didn’t end up using the exact rules you proposed, we appreciate your support of our drinking habit.