I feel I should now preface this by saying that this site has grown a LOT since its humble origins in 2002, which is mostly thanks to the many, many emails I've gotten with corrections/additions/etc. I've tried to give credit in each entry where possible, but sometimes I might have screwed up and left someone off or something. It's also possible that, once in awhile, I take a correction from someone who was themselves mistaken. Like I said on the front page, I'm definitely not an expert, I'm just doing my best :)
Anyway, a lot of research went into this site. A huge source that made my life much easier was the fabulous Encylopedia Mythica. When that fell short, I also found information from the following websites:
The following books were also helpful:
And of course:
- Dixon-Kennedy, Mike. Native American Myth and Legend: An A-Z of People and Places.
- Dumezil, Georges. Gods of the Ancient Northmen.
- Mackenzie, Donald. Indian Myth and Legend.
- Robinson, Herbert and Wilson, Knox. The Encylopedia of Myths and Legends of All Nations.
- Gaiman, Neil. American Gods.
A lot of information found here was also contributed by visitors to the site, and they're acknowledged by entry. Thanks again, everyone!
Home | Gods | The Forgotten God | Geography | Photos | Sources | Links | Sign Guestbook | View Guestbook